Friday 19 October 2012

Sprucing things up!

Firstly, let me apologize about my absence.  Some of you may already know that we are expecting our third baby in the spring, and due to what some refer to as "morning sickness", or in my case, all day sickness, it has prevented me from living my normal life. Therefore painting and blogging had to take a backseat for a while until I could pull it together and be a functional human being!

But the good news is, that slowly but surely, I am coming back to the land of the living. During the course of my own personal mayhem, I have been able to watch my good friend Elisa and some VERY talented ladies open up an AMAZING vintage store in downtown, called Spruce. If you haven't already checked it out, you don't know what you're missing! In case you aren't privileged enough to live locally, you can check out the website www.sprucecollective.com. It's worth it!

The benefit of having such great friends in this business, is having new doors open. You'll notice that the girls are stocking the chalk paint line, CeCe Caldwell. They have been gracious enough to invite me to become an educator for Spruce! I could not be anymore excited about this, as I have wanted to be a part of this endeavor from the day they started planning. But having two kiddlets and another on it's way, alas, it was just not the time for me. But having the opportunity to be involved in this avenue is something that makes my heart sing! I am so passionate about this venture, and I can't wait to get my hands in the paint and start sharing some tips.

There are so many great benefits of this line of paint, but most importantly for me, it is completely green. Having NO VOC's in either the paint or the wax is something close to my heart. With little ones at home and a baby on the way, this means that I can continue to do what I love and not have to worry about any toxic chemicals leaching into my home. This is so important to me.
I love the fact that there are so many color choices. Since you also have the opportunity to mix and create, the color options are endless! I find this so exciting. So stay tuned for tips, tricks and lots of other info as I play with the paint and learn some new techniques. I can't wait to share what I learn!

Our first paint class is scheduled for Saturday, October 27, at Spruce Collective in downtown Abbotsford. It's going to be a really fun class, with lunch provided! Check up on Spruce's website for upcoming events and classes. We hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment