Wednesday 25 July 2012

A bed fit for a queen....or three

My grandfather had built this little bed originally for flowers....get it, a "flower bed".  He's so darn witty! However, after making a few of them, my dad discovered that his cats liked them much better. So the kitty bed was born! I have had this one booting around my house for about a year now. It has moved from room to room, until I could find a permanent spot for it. Finally last week, I found a space in the living room.
I had thought about painting it all white, or Duck Egg, but I really didn't want it to be too matchy matchy in the room, I wanted it to have it's own identity. So since we have a house full of girls, three to be exact, pink was the winner! I would have consulted with them , but clearly they were all quite busy.
Kia - The Princess
Sisters- Stella and Samson (fyi we thought Sami was a boy when she was named....)

I started with a coat of Pure White, and topped it with Antoinette by Annie Sloan. Once I distressed it, some of the pine also poked through. I had some fabulous Parisian fabric left over from my bench make over and thought was pretty, but sophisticated finished product.

Now, the question is, will Sami like it now that she doesn't match?


Ignore the picture of my husband and I making out. We like to make sure our guests feel just a little awkward when they come to visit. 







No comments:

Post a Comment