Wednesday 11 July 2012

Blank Pallet

Just a couple of days away from the Clayburn Market, and I must admit that I am no where near as prepared as I had planned hoped I would be....
If you see me frantically running around Home Hardware in my painting clothes and unbrushed hair, you'll understand why. Of course, as usual, I leave all the big stuff to the last minute. This comes as no surprise.
So I thought tonight, with my few spare minutes, I would do a little sneak peek of what you'll find at my sparse, but joyful little booth this weekend.
I just love palettes and old wood. I'm not sure why, but I also have a love affair with Mason Jars. My dad brought me some palettes that they had laying around, and today I was inspired to create art.  I found these letters at our local thrift store, and wasn't sure what I had planned, until I laid them all out to realize they spelled "Sea"! Ahhh, now the wheels are turning!

I love the look of burlap, and have been using it a lot with the beach theme. It seems to be working fairly well. As I have said before, I am going through a serious vintage beach addiction right now. Maybe that's my inner voice telling me I need a vacation? Well, at any rate, it's working for my creative side. 
See you all this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment